The Plan is jointly sponsored by the Regina Board of Police Commissioners and the employees who participate in the Plan. Employees are represented on the Plan Partners' Committee and the Board of Trustees by the Associations to which they belong.
The Plan Partners' Commitee is comprised of six individuals: three representatives appointed by The Board of Police Commissioners, two representatives appointed by the Regina Police Association and one representative appointed by the Regina Police Senior Officers' Association.
The Plan Partners' Committee is responsible for reviewing and determining the manner in which plan benefits will be revised in accordance with the Trust Agreement.
The Plan is governed by the Board of Trustees which consists of six voting members. Two representatives are appointed by The Board of Police Commissioners, two representatives are appointed by the Regina Police Association, one representative is appointed by the Regina Police Senior Officers' Association. One Independent Trustee is appointed by the Plan Partners' Committee with the agreement of both employer and employee represntatives.
The Board of Police Commissioners, the Regina Police Association, and the Regina Police Senior Officers' Association may each appoint one Alternate Trustee to the Board. The Alternate Trustee may be called upon to assume the duties of a Trustee in the event they are unable to attend a meeting of the Board or complete their fully appointed term.
Please visit the Board page for a list of the current Board members.
The Administrative Board is responsible for the administration of the Plan as legislated by The Pension Benefits Act, 1992 (Saskatchewan) and in accordance with the terms of Schedule "A" of the Target Retirement Income Plan for the Regina Police Service. The Administrative Board responsibilities include:
- compliance with pension legislation;
- delegation of operational activities to the Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc.
- preparation of the audited financial statements;
- ensuring the Plan is able to meet the pension obligations as they occur and the
long-term solvency of the Plan;
- ensuring all assets of the fund are kept separate from the assets of the
- making investments in accordance with relevant legislation;
- defining risk and outlining appropriate risk management practices;
- ensuring whe various investment managers are managing the fund assets
in an appropriate manner and in compliance with the Statement of
Investment Policies & Procedures; and
- developing and implementing policy documents to support the objectives of the Plan.
The operational activities of the Plan are performed by Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc. The staff of the Möbius Benefit Administrators Inc. are pleased to provide assistance to members regarding their individual benefit entitlements.